News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

New here. hoping to find some arseistance or more time xD

Started by a fifty foot ninja, August 23, 2015, 06:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a fifty foot ninja

Im mulling over the idea of purchasing the paid plans for the rocket stove. i was just wondering how updated it is. i believe in zero and want his latest tweaks in one place. i average 60 hours at work and have kids to hang out with. if im able to find the time to build im hoping to have everything i need in one place with few changes to find and add during the planning phase.

i contacted zero on facebook about commissioning one of these to be built for me. that would be ideal but if not possible i am willing to commission zero's or someone else that he believes in to help me come up with a design to use this rocket stove in my shed while heating water and routing that into my house for radiant floor heat. above the floor with lines routed in to install under our carpet while also harvesting as much of the heat radiating off of the stove into the house, without the stove actually being in the house in case something goes wrong. would much rather burn down my garage than my home. xD

i realize im asking a lot. im not asking anything for free though.

zero

Well, as you can tell, I almost never get on facebook. And I admit I don't get here enough either. The plans are accurate. The only omission is the heat fins around the tank. Circulating hot water should not be a problem. Your biggest problem will be that a rocket stove burning regular wood needs supervision. If you add a thermal marse then supervision can be limited to just the burn cycles.

Also note that the size of my stove is only just large enough for the workshop. I would not be able to heat an entire house with it. You'll have to scale one up to do that. I describe how in the free pdf. If you want unattended operation you'll also have to do as I show in the videos, make a pellet fire basket and gravity feed from an overhead hopper.