News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Anything Hydrogen / Re: Ceramic Fuel Cell Technolo...
Last post by Vulcan Gasifier - March 02, 2016, 03:38:20 AM
Here is the cell I hope to build this week, Im waiting on some additional things to arrive yet. This will be a single cell stack for initial testing. I plan to test all three materials as electrolyte. The black square represents the graphene nano coating, both sides of the plate will get this coating applied.
Anything Hydrogen / Ceramic Fuel Cell Technology
Last post by Vulcan Gasifier - February 29, 2016, 11:28:10 PM

OK seems how there is little to no one building these and info is limited, Im going to attempt to build my own and open source it here.

I bought a few readily available ceramic materials today. These will be used to create the electrolyte for the cell. I  have small quantity of graphene on the way to coat my collector plates. I dont expect to a very good energy density on these first cells but we gotta start somewhere Lots of possibilities with this technology concerning renewables.

Here is the CAD of the first gen cell I will be building and I had to cut one of the plates today. Couldn't resist!!

Magnetic Motors / Re: Electrically Switched Magn...
Last post by zero - February 24, 2016, 07:57:07 PM
This one really has my interest too. I was serious when I replied to Robert "You may have just made your own EESD obsolete." LOL!
Magnetic Motors / Electrically Switched Magnets
Last post by Vulcan Gasifier - February 17, 2016, 11:31:26 PM

Ok I replicated a switched magnet Robert Smith brought to our attention. Here is a video he did demonstrating this and along with how to build it. This is not an electromagnet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4YD8Nvyfa4

For more in depth details of this device you can go here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electropermanent_magnet

I think this has big potential for at least one of my own designs. I plan on doing a complete redesign a linear/rotary motor I built some years ago that showed potential. Like may other free energy device it could not overcome the gates. However this devise has the potential of eliminated those gates with very little power input. Im not going to shoot for a free energy devise if some how that happens than that would be just fantastic. But the electric car is here and the market for new technologies to make them better is astronomical. I can see a need for more powerful but also very efficient motors, so this is the goal Im setting out for this project.

Cheers!

Nothing new here, you can go here for more detailed
Wood burning / Re: splitting rocket-sized woo...
Last post by zero - February 10, 2016, 03:08:12 PM
Sure beats the wood chisel I was using on my bench!  :o
Wood burning / splitting rocket-sized wood
Last post by keithturtle - February 05, 2016, 09:26:59 AM
One of the harseles with rocket stoves is getting the wood to a size that burns well.  I stumbled across something called a "kindling cracker" and came up with my own iteration made from cheap harbor freight chisels.  Works really good, safe and quick

Turtle
General Discussion / Re: Vulcan Metal Works
Last post by zero - January 25, 2016, 05:16:44 PM
No problem. I had no idea. Glad someone spoke up.
General Discussion / Re: Say Hello!
Last post by zero - January 25, 2016, 05:15:11 PM
Someone with some common sense had to. 8)
Wood burning / Re: 20# tanks stove
Last post by keithturtle - January 06, 2016, 05:45:26 AM
Quote from: keithturtle on November 27, 2015, 11:12:32 PM

Pics soon

As usual, life gets in the way.  Still working on this as I can.  A plasma torch has really sped up the process

Turtle
General Discussion / Re: Vulcan Metal Works
Last post by keithturtle - January 06, 2016, 05:43:55 AM
Thanks for fixing that, Z

Turtle