News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Healthy living / Formulas and Molecular Weights
Last post by zero - February 16, 2020, 06:33:19 PM

Name______________Formula___________Molar Marse____grams/100ml for .05M___Notes______________________
Gold Au 196.96    
Silver Ag 107.87    
Glucose C6H12O6 180.16 0.90  
Gold Chloride AuCl3 303 1.52  
Gold Chloride HAuCl4 340 1.7 Also known as Hydrogen Tetrachloroaurate
Sodium ChlorideNaCl58.4 .292  
Potarseium Chloride KCl 74.5 .373  
Potarseium Iodide Kl 166 .83  
Sodium Ascorbate NaC6H7O6 198 .991  
Sodium BiCarbonate NaHCO3 84.42 .42 Baking soda
Sodium Carbonate Na2CO3.H2O 124 .62 Washing Soda, Soda Ash
Sodium Citrate Na3C6H5O7-2H2O 294 1.47 Also known as  Trisodium Citrate Di-hydrate
Sodium Hydroxide NaOH 40 1.62 Also known as lye
Potarseium Citrate K3C6H5O7-2H2O 324 1.62  

Thermodyamic data

Ion      Delta H   Delta G   
Ag+      105.6   77.1
Cl-      -167.2   -131.2
Healthy living / Calculation of run-time for re...
Last post by zero - February 16, 2020, 04:06:44 PM
Without the SilverTron, the only way to calculate the ppm (reasonably) accurately is using the standard formula which calculates the amount of silver released according to current and time:-

Mins run time = Volume of DW (Ltrs) x ppm AgNP required x 15
                         -----------------------------------------------------------
                           milliAmps on constant-current power supply

for example:

0.25 ltrs DW x 20 ppm x 15 / 5 mA = 15 mins run time required

(credit: cgcsforum.org)
Healthy living / Colloidal Silver Quick Start G...
Last post by zero - February 16, 2020, 03:49:01 PM
Here are some formulas and methods to get started.
(credit Kephra: https://www.cgcsforum.org/index.php?topic=758.0)

These methods require some kind of constant current regulated power supply.
Amounts shown are starting points and may need to be adjusted for your equipment and supplies.

Ionic Silver, 20 ppm

250 ml distilled water,  cold. (72F)
5 drops 1Molar Sodium Carbonate*
Pure silver anode
Electrode spacing 1.5 inches
5 ma current, 15 minutes (about 75 ma-minutes)
Adjust cathode up or down to maintain minimum of 10 volts minimum across the cell.
For best results, constant stirring is required, or lower current and longer time (IE: 1ma for 75 minutes)

Metallic Silver, Uncapped, 20ppm

250ml distilled water, hot
Pure Silver Anode (positive electrode)
15ma current for 5 minutes (75 ma-minutes)
Continuing heating for addition 10 minutes or until no further color change.
Note:  Conversion from Ionic to Metallic Silver will probably not be complete

Metallic Silver, Sugar Reduced, 20ppm

250ml distilled water, hot.
Pure Silver Anode (positive electrode)
15ma current for 5 minutes (75 ma-minutes)
Add 2 to 3 drops of invert sugar, or clear corn syrup.
Let cool

320 ppm Gelatin Capped Metallic colloidal silver

Warning:  Should be diluted to 20 ppm before use.
250ml cold distilled water
1.0 gram or 1/4 tsp Knox unflavored gelatin
Add 5 drops 1M Sodium Carbonate
Add 15 drops clear Corn Syrup (diluted 1 to 1 with distilled water)
Electrolyze 80 minutes @ 15ma
Constant stirring and heat required.  Heat water to a simmer (about 200F)
See TIPS for working with gelatin.

To Make Anhydrous Sodium Carbonate
Heat either washing soda or baking soda in a heatproof glarse container in an over at 350F for at least 30 minutes

To make 1 Molar Sodium Carbonate
Dissolve 12.4 grams sodium carbonate monohydrate in enough water to make 100ml solution.
    -- OR --
Dissolve 10.6 grams sodium carbonate anhydrous in enough water to make 100ml solution.

Normal usage would be 1 ml  per Liter of colloidal silver.

To make 0.6 Molar Sodium Carbonate
Dissolve 7.44 grams sodium carbonate monohydrate in enough water to make 100ml solution.
       -- OR --
Dissolve 6.36 grams sodium carbonate anhydrous in enough water to make 100 ml solution.

Normal usage would be 1 drop per ounce of colloidal silver.

To make cinnamon extract

100ml vodka
    Coffee Filter
    1 tsp cinnamon powder
    Make 'tea bag' of cinn.
    Soak bag in 100ml vodka for 2 days
    Remove and discard bag

Updated 03/21/15 to reduce gelatin amount in 320ppm formula

*  Maximum amount.  Use less if cathode plateout not evident.
Healthy living / Corona virus and Colloidal Sil...
Last post by zero - February 16, 2020, 01:33:38 PM
With the Corona virus in the news lately there seems to be a lot of renewed interest in colloidal silver as I'm seeing a spike in questions being asked on my YouTube channel. I'm not here to debate whether or not CS is effective against Corona. All I know is people want to make it and I will show them how to do it correctly. I've recently made some refinements to my technique greatly enhancing quality of the finished product which I am about to automate with an electronic circuit. Starting today I will be recording another YouTube video with the updates and streaming it live via my Twitch channel. Much of what I write here will be used as a template for the video script. Another reason to write this is to record in one place the entire recipe in one place to draw upon when I need it myself because I often forget some details. For instance, I can't remember off the top of my head...

What molarity value
How to mix the appropriate concentration of sodium carbonate
What the maximum ideal current is per sq-mm or sq-cm

All of this information used to be found at the CGCS forum which has since disappeared and can only be found through Internet Archive. Only problem with the archive is it cannot be searched the same way one would search through a forum. This is really unfortunate because a great deal of knowledge has been lost. I may try to contact the original forum moderator and ask if he kept an archive that I can replicate here.

The short version:
15mA releases 1mg ionic silver / minute or +1ppm/minute/L of water. 15mA is too much current density for one small rod. 5mA is best and releases 1mg ionic silver every 3 minutes. 60 minutes at 5mA yields 20ppm ionic silver.

Approx 20 drops electrolyte / L water.
Approx 4 drops reducing agent / L, then warmed.
Also, keep the RA refrigerated! I found out the hard way, it's the perfect medium to grow bacteria!
Anything Hydrogen / Re: Sodium Silicate Battery
Last post by Thrive - January 12, 2020, 08:41:03 PM

This is following Roberts work combined with Mr Goodenoughs work on solid state battery tech. Although I found Mr Goodenoughs work after I created this. You dont necessarily need graphene to make all these experiments. Just fine powdered graphite will work for experimenting. Graphene will optimize things but is not necessary.

I think, this is worth experimenting with to make it efficient. You shouldn't expect a novice with probably lesser chemistry knowledge to produce an efficient cell lol.

I do plan to further experiment with better materials. Ill use copper and aluminum mesh along along with different separators. This takes very little heat to work. Too much heat will cause it to go the other way.
Anything Hydrogen / Re: Sodium Silicate Battery
Last post by zero - December 21, 2019, 05:13:27 PM
I remember very little of my high school chemistry and even if I did it would still be only high school level. All I can say is even if your theory is correct, it doesn't seem very efficient. Personally, if I was going to tinker with electrical storage devices, I'd be more inclined to go down the super capacitor road blazed by Robert Murray Smith.

Thanks for posting here anyway. Glad someone still does.  ;D

Cheers,

Z
Anything Hydrogen / Sodium Silicate Battery
Last post by Thrive - November 24, 2019, 01:56:05 AM

Ok so, this summer I played around with battery technology. Originally I was trying to develop a printable TEG module as they are crazy expensive. So I ordered some very fine Aluminum Oxide, graphite power and a jug of sodium silicate for binder. I mixed both the aluminum oxide and the graphite with the sodium silicate to make inks to apply to a ceramic cloth. The aluminum oxide / sodium silicate mixture was the cathode side and the graphite / sodium silicate mixture was the anode side. I applied each to one side of the ceramic cloth creating a cell, let dry and applied heat. It worked!!

Well kinda of sort of, at least not in the way of how a TEG module works. Instead I created a heat activated battery cell. Unfortunately I could only get the cells to work for short periods of time and then they were ruined.

So I played around with a different approach. This time I simply cut some aluminum soda cans in half using the bottoms to create a vessel to fill up with sodium silicate. Then submerged solid graphite plates into the solution with out touching the aluminum. The sodium silicate is not cured and is wet in this experiment. I built four of these cells and hooked them together in series and then to an LED. I then placed this on a heat source and could light the LED as long as there was heat applied. I ran this test for 12 hours!! As long as I applied heat I could light that LED.

Id like to see others reproduce this experiment and add their own twist. If we can get higher output this could be driven with direct heat from biomarse.

My theory is this is not a battery at all. My theory is, that this is a direct water fuel cell. The hydrogen and oxygen I think is being liberated via the applied heat. The H is absorbed via the graphite plate and the O is going to the aluminum creating an electro / chemical reaction. How to confirm this I dont know or if there are other explanations please input your thoughts.
Wood gasification / Re: General gasifier discussio...
Last post by Thrive - September 04, 2019, 04:22:07 AM
Has it been that long? April?? Dang time flies!!

Well the first Flex Power System is ready to ship. I have three more to build for 2019 models and then I will start 2020 models. The 2020 models will be unchanged other software updates which all machines will get. Just like a Tesla with every software update the machine will get better.

Ok the auto gen start system has been built and is working awesome!! I am fully off grid and running Headway LifePo4 cells for power storage.

You can check those videos out on my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIj9jrb2pG4mNb_njWMKxPg?view_as=subscriber

I did a live feed on facebook running the FPS system. I did  a two hour run so you can see its consistency and how easy it is to operate. Nothing complicated if you can work a cell phone you can operate this machine. This is probably the most advanced and automated gasifier system ever created!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73q6Et_dgkc&t=599s

So moving on, I am now underway with new development. Next is a new pellet stove that is also engine run capable. You install just like any other pellet stove except this has no chimney. You pipe its exhaust thru wall and to the outside power generator. This houses a draft blower for running in full combustion mode. When the controls see that the inverter is calling for a charge cycle this will automatically shut off the second stage combustion process at the stove and direct this gas to the power unit for engine combustion process. The generator system is specifically built for the VersaFire pellet stove and is a DC system giving the user the ability to run at low or high power. Unlike an AC System where the rpms are static.

I also have new technology coming. Theoretically this I believe is a heat activated direct water to hydrogen fuel cell technology. This is huge!! and I have done a 12 hours experiment running a small LED. What I think is happening is H and O are being liberated from the electrolyte when it is heated. It is then absorbed via an aluminum cathode and a graphite coated anode. It also works as a battery and will hold a charge. So far Im only able to produce small amperage, but then again Im not a chemist. So there is big potential with the right chemistry this could output at very high efficiencies.  Water is simply added to the electrolyte to replenish it and any fuel could be used for the heat source.

Here is a quick video of a solid state version and no this is not a Seebeck process :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzgA8JgibUQ

Maybe Z could do a new Youtube Series on this? You will have to contact me via PM for the electrolyte and I can set you up with a very simple crude experiment for proof of concept.
General Discussion / The UEFI rootkit rabbit hole
Last post by zero - September 01, 2019, 01:10:04 PM
So, being forced to start over with reinstalling the OS on my main i7 Linux computer in the lab I also looked deeper into ACHI vs IDE, GPT vs MBR, and consequently UEFI vs BIOS. With all the new "features" offered by UEFI, I couldn't help but ask myself, new vulnerabilities too? Sure as $h¡t, I was right. The more I read the deeper into the rabbit hole I fell. Turns out this new attack vector is just perfect for state sponsored hackers to target opposing governments, maintain surveillance on its citizens, and even allow ransomware. So insidious and deeply embedded is this type of malware that it can persist and survive complete OS reinstallations and even hard drive swaps. This is because it resides on the "new and improved" UEFI flash ROMS embedded directly on newer computer motherboards. Isn't that just special?

It also turns out that Gigabyte was an early target for UEFI rootkit attacks and most of my own motherboards are from Gigabyte. Aren't I lucky? Apple OS 10.x also seems to be a favorite target thanks to the new reliance on Intel chips as opposed to Motorola CPU of yesteryear. So, the first thing I'm going to do when I finish typing this post it run some bootable Linux UEFI validation tools being offered by 01.org. Their latest release is only 5 weeks old at the time of this writing. Last one before that is about 8 months old so you should definitely get it. I will provide links to many of the articles and patches I have found on the topic. This is IMHO required reading for anyone concerned about deep state cyber warfare, surveillance, back doors and privacy.

Be safe out there.
Z

https://01.org/linux-uefi-validation/downloads
https://01.org/linux-uefi-validation/documentation-list
https://www.wired.com/story/fancy-bear-hackers-uefi-rootkit/
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3187264/uefi-flaws-can-be-exploited-to-install-highly-persistent-ransomware.html
https://www.pcworld.com/article/3179348/after-cia-leak-intel-security-releases-detection-tool-for-efi-rootkits.html
https://hackaday.com/tag/uefi/
https://www.welivesecurity.com/2017/10/19/malware-firmware-exploit-sense-security/
https://www.fudzilla.com/news/47311-uefi-hack-is-finally-with-us