News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Hydro / Re: Schauberger vortex
Last post by zero - March 23, 2024, 02:00:09 PM
Yo, Turtle! Remember this? Still one of my favorites!
Last post by keithturtle - December 30, 2022, 01:54:56 AM
The hydropower project is on hold for a while, major financial setback.  I sank a rented backhoe in the deepest part of the creek, costing five figures for repair, damage waiver only covered 20% 

That broke the bank, so the focus is now exclusively on tank stoves. 

Gotta find a way to shield liability on the stoves so when some clown burns down his house and family, they can't come after me and get what little is left

Oh well, at least I lived to tell the tale

Turtle
Wood burning / Re: 20# tanks stove
Last post by keithturtle - December 30, 2022, 01:46:11 AM
(Z, I never even considered a stacking arrangement for the rocket tank.  Now you've got me to thinking...)

I thought being retired from full time work would make for real progress on this project, but it just ain't so.  Still, this rocket burner from a single 20# tank is coming along.   Since there is so much heat generated at the point where sticks burn, I radiused a couple thin firebricks and cemented them into the base of the tank.

I used a "sort of" refractory blend of  1 portland cemment, 1/2 fireclay, 2 fine perlite, 2 mason sand.  This holds up really well in the two-tank vertical woodstove. 

The first rocket tank design had a tremendous burnback, with the sticks burning up the feed chute.  I think I can address this by sleeving it with an air transfer parseage... quite simply, a 3" square pipe inside a 4" square pipe.  Still gotta arseemble and test,  but this oughta work real well feeding pellets, once I get the flame grating figured out.

Dear God, this stuff takes so much time, but I'll get there eventually

Turtle
Last post by zero - December 10, 2022, 01:06:46 PM
If you haven't seen this one yet, this is 30 minutes well spent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f62o9SNwmEU
Last post by zero - October 17, 2022, 08:34:12 PM
Anxiously awaiting......
Last post by zero - October 17, 2022, 08:32:21 PM
From only one 20# cylinder? Or stacked?
Last post by keithturtle - September 27, 2022, 02:12:38 PM
I've covered a fair bit of ground since the last post.  I found a way to make a rocket heater from the 20# cylinder.   The radiant heat is great, but directed heat is proving to be a challenge.  More when I find the pics, of get the next version done

Turtle
Hydro / Schauberger vortex
Last post by keithturtle - September 27, 2022, 02:07:17 PM
Turtle is still at it.  I have a small microhydro project going on it the creek on my property.  I've diverted a portion of the flow thru 6" irrigation pipes to try and harness some measure of energy.  No results yet, but when it produces something useful, I'll post it here.

Schauberger claimed to have an understanding of vortex theory that could increase the energy available through the flowing medium, be it air or water.  Stuff that belies clarseic physics is found in the records, but like Stanley Meyer, no one seems to be able to replicate it.  Since I have the means to explore the water part, I will. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viktor_Schauberger

Turtle
General Discussion / Re: Say Hello!
Last post by zero - February 09, 2021, 01:26:10 AM
Quote from: raptor on February 17, 2014, 02:09:16 AM
Well, I've found some time to stop and say hello, I've been tinkering in Alt energy and fuels and such for over 10 years, not posted many videos but hope to change that this year. Recently landed a great job FINALLY and have some great ideas on some stuff I'll have to share. I've known Z for 6 plus years, been on a road trip with him (still the best road trip i've ever been on, never have I laughed so much) great times.
Would love to do it again... if there's a show worth going to.
I've failed at more things than I care to talk about, but I mark them up to I found ways that "it doesn't work"... :)

-raptor
Miss ya, bud.  :'(
Anything Hydrogen / Re: Sodium Silicate Battery
Last post by zero - December 14, 2020, 11:05:42 PM
Thanks for keeping the forum from being totally inactive. I'm horrible.