News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

has anyone thought to make a circuit able to switch polarity 4 HHO cell

Started by mnotcrzy, June 16, 2014, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnotcrzy

The reason for asking is that I am toying with the idea of graphite ink impregnated sponge wafers electroplating them with a nickel strike, 24k, and flushing the electrolyte through a cell much like the bat cell. The aim is to lessen surface resistance, increase reactive surface area, and make cost issue of production of these cells to be near nothing. I do realize however the fact that continuous dc current will eventually destroy the plating on the cathode, thus a means of switching polarity is questioned. Surely a solid-state programmable switching device should be an easy thing to pull off, say ten seconds forward bias and ten reverse bias. 555 timer etc..etc... I thought of that too, but in reality I can see how things can work but in the end I am not an electrical engineer, I am just a guy giving ideas, I can't do it all by myself....

zero

I have an Allen Bradley (or is it Potter Brumfield? What ever) DPDT time delay relay with adjustable on and off delay that I used to reverse polarity on a cell once with SS304 plates. I think each delay was adjustable from 0.1 seconds to 24 hrs. I had it set to 10 minutes on and off. The reason was to create as much nano particle ferrous oxide power as possible for ferromagnetic core doping in my Muller Motor experiments. It was very effective and I still have it. Nasty stuff to work with, though. Latex gloves and respirator mandatory.

A 555 timer with output transistor and DPDT relay is all you need to make what you describe.

mnotcrzy

Hey Z, I appreciate the reply on this one. I've been trying this type of timer relay circuit for about a month now and sadly each cell I have begins to degrade after about 80 hrs. I've built nine cells now and the relays tend to have about half a second or so delay before they switch off as opposed to switching on. While it runs beautifully for those 80 or so hrs continuous, the end result is always one phase accumulates a net gain of time over the other. It is very frustrating as I believe that the idea is sound, the logistics are becoming increasingly difficult. The good part is each round of cells cost about a buck for thirty plates so I haven't lost much more than time. The gold plating solution I have is from the 70s and I still have a gallon left to keep at it.