News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

Ceramic Fuel Cell Technology

Started by Vulcan Gasifier, February 29, 2016, 11:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vulcan Gasifier

OK seems how there is little to no one building these and info is limited, Im going to attempt to build my own and open source it here.

I bought a few readily available ceramic materials today. These will be used to create the electrolyte for the cell. I  have small quantity of graphene on the way to coat my collector plates. I dont expect to a very good energy density on these first cells but we gotta start somewhere Lots of possibilities with this technology concerning renewables.

Here is the CAD of the first gen cell I will be building and I had to cut one of the plates today. Couldn't resist!!

Vulcan Gasifier

Here is the cell I hope to build this week, Im waiting on some additional things to arrive yet. This will be a single cell stack for initial testing. I plan to test all three materials as electrolyte. The black square represents the graphene nano coating, both sides of the plate will get this coating applied.

dtman

Really Cool stuff man.  I'm working on something like this as well, but it's would be 3 layer paint and I'm only looking to use ultraviolet heat differential. Graphene is amazing!

Vulcan Gasifier

please keep us posted on your progress here. Ive had to put this on the back burner and now I have to launch new development for next years product line. So there will be no chance I will be able to work on this for a long time. I think this will be the last major development process we wil go through though. Next years product line probably will not change a whole lot for a few years.