News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

Say Hello!

Started by zero, January 10, 2014, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binjoder

hi zorro i mean zero

thankx alot for making your pwm design to public. i am little confused  about shunt resistor, what is the propose of it in your design . and what's the final value should it be? is it 0.003 ohm or 0.0015 ohm.

another thing what is the  value of C1 ? is it 0.022 uF or 0.02 uF polystyrene?

did you subtract the L1 from the design ?

please help me before i make order to the components

can you make update to the schematic diagram with correct component values please   

zero

First of all, welcome!

The shunt is 0.0015 ohm. That's about 6" of #14ga copper wire.
It's purpose is to sense current without introducing too much voltage drop.
C1 is not critical. 0.02 and 0.022 technically fall within a +/- 10% tolerance anyway. 0.022 is the most common.
L1 is still part of the design, about 100uH, <5ohms DC resistance.
The schematic is correct and up to date although part numbers from the vendors are in constant flux. The basic values are given. If a specific link to a part does not work please look up the part values.

Z

michaelj

Hello all,

I've been a long-time but silent follower, Z. I'm glad I've finally taken the plunge into verbal contact.

As I've stated in your Healthy Living section, your Victory Garden seed germinated for me, for which I'm very grateful for the inertia you granted me. I'm also interested in the rocket stove project, and have been thinking about a rocket-powered hydronic/radiant floor set up for my house's first floor to supplement my oil burner.

thanks again for the making it easier for the rest of us to find a place to start and get off ours butts

zero

The rocket lends itself very well to heating water for circulation. Lots of ways to go about it. Welcome!

Etherimos

Hey Zero! Love your videos, glad to see these forums! Looking forward to seeing how your experiments and adventures work out!

zero

Welcome and have fun! :)

Matt Watts

Thought I'd drop in and say hello.  Looks like things are working pretty well now.  We're having a few issues with Wedge over at OSE, but overall it seems to work fairly well.

zero

Greetings, Matt! Yes I've regressed to SMF 2.0.6 until they work out the undocumented features of 2.0.7. There was a lot of in-fighting that surfaced with the SMF team that worries me. I hope they manage to work through their differences and move on.

Don

Hi from DonLittlefield7 LOL I have been trying to make contact for a while and this looks like the way.

I am interested in the Muller Motor project. I liked your build. Did you ever put together the update version?

I want to build something useful that will help out the bill, like a simple device to make a heater work or something like that. 1500 watts of electric power. Have not actually found anything yet.

I am reading the PJKBook.pdf and find it very interesting. you read it yet?

Don

zero

MAB

Hello I am new to the forum.
I am working in a family patent agency for the last 20 years. I write file and prosecute patent applications as a consultant. I am also an inventor and interested in all HHO and mag motors etc...

smith

Hello from Smith.
Now that I have become a member after reading & lurking for a while I will post here too.

Great work Zero, BTW - and I am delighted that you have put up a forum as this is the very BEST way for folks to share ideas and discuss things.

oriongkt

Hello All,
I've been following Zero for about three years.  Alternative energy has been my hobby for about 30 years and I got my first solar panel nearly 20 years ago  Currently I'm traveling in South America and am just a 'parseive' observer of the forum.  My dream would be to see the various countries of South America embrace solar energy and other alternative energies for the future.  Many areas are still developing so rather than follow bad ideas of the past, wouldn't it be great if they could begin with clean self sustaining energy?

icu4dzs

Greetings all,
I live in the frigid NE corner of South Dakota.  Heat is a requirement for survival  and the current heating "season" is nearly 7-8 months long (roughly).  I have been watching Z's videos for quite some time and whiile I have NO training (and nearly as little knowledge) I am basically here to learn. What little Electronics I have learned is the result of my HAM radio license.

I have been studying Rocket Stoves for about 2 years and have built two; one is a cooking style (similar to what is being called the "GROVER" model and then I built a Rocket Heater (very much like Zero's) but used 6" steel square tubing 47" tall and an old water heater tank to function as the "bell".  I started with Z's design (actually went all the way to Sioux Falls (*235 miles) just to buy fire bricks. Got to thinking about the design and decided to try the steel first. I've been told that the steel will NOT hold up  but for this winter, and my few opportunities to use it, I have found NO indication of spalting or other signs of damage.  (I have pic's to show if anyone is THAT interested). Despite its marseive size (17" diameter and 47" high) it is no match for the 12000 cu.ft. shop in -20*F like we had for nearly 4 months this year.  Anything above 0*F is OK but you still have to tend that fire frequently.  I haven't tried pellets (I can make them) but I am going to try some coal...thought that was a great idea; certainly burns hot enough!

I am as yet still working for a living (although 65 is the next stop) and living on a farm.  I have "traveled from East to West and from West to East again, in search of that which was lost" and ended up here.

I built a alt-nrg system on my farm with 16 solar panels (175 watt) and a 3K wind turbine.  I am VERY interested in the HHO system and read Stanley Meyers work (before he mysteriously died). I am also very interested in the Muller motor project but so far have not seen any updates as to whether this is worth pursuing since I don't have the required knowledge for some of the discussion.

I enjoyed watching Z build his new lab/shop. 

Now you know a bit about me. 

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni   
Trim sends     
//BT//

zero

Welcome! And yes, I'm sure we'd all like to see pics of your build. What sort of temperatures are you getting out of it? Are you using any fins on the tank for thermal dissipation? Insulation around the riser and horizontal burn tube? I'm certain my pellet fire basket could be adapted to work on it if you get a strong enough draft.

Best, Z