News:

Forum recently upgraded to 2.1.4. Please report any problems.

Main Menu

Corona virus and Colloidal Silver?

Started by zero, February 16, 2020, 01:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zero

With the Corona virus in the news lately there seems to be a lot of renewed interest in colloidal silver as I'm seeing a spike in questions being asked on my YouTube channel. I'm not here to debate whether or not CS is effective against Corona. All I know is people want to make it and I will show them how to do it correctly. I've recently made some refinements to my technique greatly enhancing quality of the finished product which I am about to automate with an electronic circuit. Starting today I will be recording another YouTube video with the updates and streaming it live via my Twitch channel. Much of what I write here will be used as a template for the video script. Another reason to write this is to record in one place the entire recipe in one place to draw upon when I need it myself because I often forget some details. For instance, I can't remember off the top of my head...

What molarity value
How to mix the appropriate concentration of sodium carbonate
What the maximum ideal current is per sq-mm or sq-cm

All of this information used to be found at the CGCS forum which has since disappeared and can only be found through Internet Archive. Only problem with the archive is it cannot be searched the same way one would search through a forum. This is really unfortunate because a great deal of knowledge has been lost. I may try to contact the original forum moderator and ask if he kept an archive that I can replicate here.

The short version:
15mA releases 1mg ionic silver / minute or +1ppm/minute/L of water. 15mA is too much current density for one small rod. 5mA is best and releases 1mg ionic silver every 3 minutes. 60 minutes at 5mA yields 20ppm ionic silver.

Approx 20 drops electrolyte / L water.
Approx 4 drops reducing agent / L, then warmed.
Also, keep the RA refrigerated! I found out the hard way, it's the perfect medium to grow bacteria!